- About Us
- Events & Meetings
- Food & Wine
- Inns of Aurora Newsletter
- Rowland House
- The Loft
- Wallcourt Hall
- Winter Activities
If you’re a traveler seeking to fully immerse yourself in the culture of the Finger Lakes, the Inns of Aurora offer distinctive opportunities to enrich your stay and deepen your understanding of our beautiful region. Dive into the ways of locavore living and indulge in the comforts and amenities of the luxurious Inns of Aurora–all as a singular experience of Finger Lakes culture and history.
seward house museum
Watch as history comes alive at the William H. Seward House, a National Historic Landmark and home of President Lincoln’s Secretary of State! Located just a short drive from Aurora in Auburn, New York, travel back in time on the Seward estate with Matthew MacVittie, collections and exhibits manager, to learn fascinating family narratives, handle priceless artifacts from around the world, and explore spaces closed off to the public.
The chance to experience history back-stage is available to those enjoying a two-night stay and includes:
- A bottle of Finger Lakes wine and platter of gourmet cookies from Dorie’s Bakery awaiting your arrival
- A day-in-the-life behind the scenes at the Seward House. You’ll work alongside Matthew as you take on a project suited to your specific interest. Transportation is not provided, though maps are!
- A $100 voucher towards dinner in the award-winning Aurora Inn Dining Room
- A take-home gift of Doris Kearns Goodwin’s critically acclaimed book, Team of Rivals: The Political Genius of Abraham Lincoln
Contact the Aurora Inn front desk at 315-364-8888 or email@example.com for more information or for assistance in making a reservation. This package is $300 added to room charge and is available year-round.