The Aurora Inn was built in 1833 by Colonel E.B. Morgan, a native of Aurora and co-founder of the New York Times. By the mid-19th century, Aurora became a major stop on the Erie Canal for boats carrying agricultural products from area farmers to New York City and the Inn became the favored overnight destination for travelers borne by coach, boat, and rail.
Today, the agricultural bounty of the Finger Lakes remains the centerpiece of our warm hospitality. Executive Chef Eric Lamphere and Bernard Simmons, C.S. bring together an award-winning wine list and creative menus that highlight the best of this verdant region.